The Timeline for 2015 Year 7 students is detailed below:
Thursday 31st July
Accept the offer of a position at Galen Catholic College for 2015 by returning the letter along with payment of $200 to secure your place.
Wednesday 27th August – Year 7 2015 Testing Day
• This is NOT an entrance test. Your son/daughter’s enrolment with us has been finalized once you accept the position and pay the deposit.
• The purpose of the assessment is to provide us with information about your son/daughter’s skills in language and mathematics. It assists us in identifying possible areas of need for extension or assistance. This helps us provide a suitable curriculum for our students.
A report summarizing your son/daughter’s performance in the assessment tasks will be forwarded to you in due course.
• Children will need to bring a snack for recess and may also bring bottled water which they can have with them in the room.
• Please have your child wear their normal school uniform to the testing day.
• Children are to meet in the Junior Library no later than 8:20am to allow time for check in and preparation for testing.
• There will be a break between the tests at which time the children can enjoy recess with the Year 7 and 8 students at Galen. After the test finishes children will be offered lunch in the form of hot dogs. If your child does not wish to have the lunch provided they may bring their own.
• Pick up will be from the Auditorium (at the front of the school) at 1:15pm. Parents or a representative will need to sign their child out of the Auditorium upon pickup.
Wednesday 12th November – Year 7 2015 Parent Information Night
Parents are invited to attend the parent information night to find out about expectations around uniform, homework and our transition program. This will be held in the Max Fletcher Auditorium. Children do not need to attend, as they will have their own transition days.
Thursday 13th November – Transition Day
Non CREW Schools (Students attending Galen from all Primary Schools other than St Bernard’s, St Patrick’s and Our Lady’s)
Friday 14th November – Transition Day
CREW Schools (Students attending Galen from St Bernard’s, St Patrick’s and Our Lady’s)
Children are invited to attend a day at Galen to begin the transition from Primary to Secondary school. Children will be supervised by Galen College staff and will be involved in a number of activities for the day. Students should bring recess and lunch for the day. The tuckshop will also be open.
Tuesday 9th December –Orientation Day
Children will find out who is in their homeroom and who their homeroom teacher will be. They will start the process of getting to know their new classmates and hear about the expectations of them when they start Year 7 next year. After the general introductions children will experience a day in the life of a Galen student by taking part in a number of different classes.