In 2015 the following vaccines will be offered to secondary students:
• Year 7 – Human Papillomavirus (HPV) (three injections), chickenpox (one injection), diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (also known as whooping cough) (dTp) (one injection)
• Year 8 – dTp (one injection)
• Year 9 – dTp (one injection)
• Year 10 – dTp (one injection)
- – In 2015 only, the vaccine that protects against diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough will be offered to all students in Years 7, 8, 9, and 10.
- – From 2016 onwards, this vaccine will be offered to Year 7 students only.
- – The HPV vaccine will continue to be offered to all Year 7 students, male and female, from 2015 onwards.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION – Resources for teachers, parents and students about the secondary school vaccine program can be accessed online from http://immunehero.health.vic.gov.au/
GALEN VACCINATION DATES
- Year 7 Vaccinations – Wednesday 18th February, Thursday 21st May & Thursday 5th November
- Year 8 Vaccination – Wednesday 25th February
- Year 9 Vaccination – Wednesday 25th February & Thursday 21st May (Boys only) & Thursday 5th November (Boys only)
- Year 10 Vaccination – Wednesday 25th February
If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Deputy Principal – Staff & Students
t: (03) 5723 8326 f: (03) 5721 6466