Our intention is to provide families with the information they require to enrol prospective students at Galen Catholic College. The process of enrolment involves a meeting with all prospective students and their parents/guardians. This provides them with an opportunity to find out more about the College and discuss the learning needs of the students.
All new students are required to complete an Enrolment Application, including a fee of $50. Applications can be lodged at any time for Year levels 8-12.
For Year 7 2018 enrolments, please contact the school.
The Enrolment Application can be obtained by contacting the College on 03 5721 6322 or by downloading from the links below.
All applicants must read and agree to the conditions outlined in the following Enrolment Application Forms:
The completed confidential Enrolment Application can be submitted to:
Galen Catholic College
PO Box 630
Wangaratta VIC 3677
- Step One: Enrolment Application completed and returned to the college with a $50.00 enrolment fee (non refundable).
- Step Two: Interview for student and parent/guardian.
- Step Three: The College will send a letter of acceptance, offering a place at Galen Catholic College. If the family is not offered a place then they are given the opportunity of going on a waiting list.
- Step Four: Families who are offered a place respond by completing the acceptance reply, sending it back to the College with the acceptance fee, (as detailed in the acceptance letter) which confirms the child’s place at Galen Catholic College (this money is deducted from your fees).
- Step Five: Accepted families will receive ongoing communication through the mail and will be encouraged to contact the College if and when necessary.
All eligible applicants will be considered, but there is a ceiling to the number of places available in our College, determined by our ethos and beliefs, philosophic, financial, physical and industrial factors. If the College is unable to provide places for all applicants the following criteria will be applied in order.
- Preference in enrolment will be given to baptised Catholics.
- Siblings of current students will normally be accepted for enrolment.
- Students who have attended Catholic primary/secondary schools will normally be accepted for enrolment.
- Non – Catholic students from government schools are interviewed and normally accepted, depending on numbers.
- The Principal has the ultimate responsibility and discretion in accepting enrolments.
For more information on enrolment, or to arrange a tour of the College, please contact Kate Williams, Registrar on 03 5721 6322 or email Kate.Williams@galen.vic.edu.au
School Tours, Uniform & Fees
2017 School Fees
Please download the PDF document below for information and forms detailing:
• Fee advice and payment options
• Direct debit authorisation
• Fee payment commitment form
Organise a Tour
The College Registrar, Kate Williams, facilitates guided tours around the College which can be arranged at a mutually convenient time.
Bookings are essential and can be made by phoning the College on 03 5721 6322 or by emailing Kate.Williams@galen.vic.edu.au
Galen Catholic College has a uniform policy. The uniform is a mark of identity with the College and the ideals for which it stands. It is therefore expected that students will wear the uniform with pride.
By enrolling their child at Galen, parents undertake the responsibility of ensuring that the student is provided with all items of uniform and of ensuring that he or she is correctly dressed for all school occasions.
All items of uniform are to be purchased from the College Uniform Shop. The Uniform Shop is open on Tuesdays (10.30am – 2.30pm) and Thursdays (1:00pm – 5:00pm). Parents can contact the Uniform Shop by calling 03 5723 8320 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and prices, please download the Uniform Brochure below.