Welcome back to all the students and teachers who have been at Galen Catholic College previously and a special welcome to the students who are joining us for the first time in the Senior School. We hope that you will enjoy your time here and that you will consider the many opportunities on offer.
The Senior School Pastoral Teaching team consists of the following personnel:
• Year 12 Co-ordinator: Mrs. Anne O’Dwyer
• Year 11 Co-ordinator: Mr Edwin Evans
• Work and Further Education Co-ordinator: Mr Rob Walker,
• Year 12 Homeroom Teachers: Mr Faithfull, Mrs Woods, Mr Samon, Mr Rispin, Ms Harmer, Mrs Nolan, Mr Hovey and Mr Holligan
• Year 11 Homeroom Teachers: Mrs Nixon, Mrs Evans, Mr Anson, Ms Leonard, Mrs Faithfull, Mrs Albertson, Mrs Byrne and Mrs Kittel.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s homeroom teacher should the need arise.
Congratulations to Andrew Mair and Bridie Naughtin the Co-Captains of the College for 2013. They will be wonderful ambassadors and strong leaders for Galen College. Congratulations are also extended to the following students who will be members of the SRC: Tess Rowland, Zoe Levesque, Michael Raleigh, Jonathon Panozzo and Nick DelliCastelli. We are looking forward to working closely together as a team.
The VCAL and Year 11 SRC students will be announced shortly.
Ben Seager, Bridgette Byrne, Mick Raleigh and Ben Leith enjoyed an enlightening experience at the National Youth Science Forum and acknowledge the support received from Rotary and Galen College that enabled this opportunity.
We also welcome back our Italian exchange students and trust that they have been enriched by the wonderful opportunity to participate first hand in a sophisticated culture, rich in Art, Science and History.
Year 12 students and parents/guardians are invited to the Jumper Presentation evening Wednesday, February 13 at the WPAC. Students are expected to be in full school uniform. Please move into the theatre from 7.10pm for a 7.30pm start. The evening usually goes for about 90 minutes.
The Year 12 students will be on retreat as this article goes to print
(provided the Hotham fires don’t impact Falls Creek). The retreats will take place at Howman’s Gap in the mountains.
Arrangements for students when not on retreat:
• Year 12 students when not on Retreat are expected to be at school in full school uniform. They may study in the Senior Study Area, Work and Further Ed Area, Senior Library or vacant senior classrooms.
• Students may choose to catch up with some of their teachers if they are available.
• Year 11 students doing Unit 3/4 subjects will also have study periods.
• Jumper Presentation evening – 7.30 pm Wednesday Feb 13
• Swimming sports – Tuesday Feb 19
• School Photos – Thursday Feb 21
• Opening Mass – Tuesday Feb 26