“At 7:30am this morning (our time) VEX Robotics posted up the VEX Worlds Community Award winners, and we were one of the 10 announced Community Award winners!” said a very excited Maree Timms.
“We are still processing the information, but to have now won 2 VEX Worlds awards is awesome!”
“The 2018 Service Award and now the 2020 Community Award are both awards that have nothing to do with robots but how our students are as people and they way they connect and interact with others is super special for Brett and I.”
To win the 2019 VEX Australia Community Award was pretty special but to be recognised at the World Level is pretty awesome, and something we are extremely proud of.
Our winning video can be viewed below:
The Community Award Online Challenge Sponsored by Google is presented to teams that make a positive impact on STEM education opportunities in their community through leadership, outreach, mentorship, and support.
The winning teams made many contributions outside their own school or organization that helps students, teams, coaches or mentors.
The submission show the team’s impact on one or more of these STEM education opportunities in their community, outside of their own school or organization:
- Leadership or outreach to recruit new robotics teams or start new STEM programs or facilities.
- Leadership or outreach to recruit new students, coaches, mentors, event partners or volunteers.
- Leadership or support for registered VEX Robotics teams, competitions, or tournaments.
- Leadership or support for registered workshops such as Girl Powered events.
- Leadership or support for competitions, fairs, or programs in any STEM field.
- Mentorship for robotics teams.
- Any other leadership or volunteer support in the community related to STEM education or STEM activities.