Students may include Vocational Education and Training (VET) modules within their VCE programme.
This involves students studying VCE units, special training modules in the areas of study, and ‘on the job’ training.
Successful completion of a VET in the VCE program provides students with:
- Two qualifications: a Victorian Certificate of Education issued by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and a VET Certificate issued by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Two Statements of Results issued by the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority giving details of units completed in the VCE and modules/units of competence completed in the VET qualification.
- An enhanced Equivalent National Tertiary Entrance Rank (ENTER) which can improve access education
- The ability to articulate into further vocational education and training courses
- Workplace experience including structured workplace training.
Delivery of a program is undertaken by an RTO, (TAFE institute, private provider or school), or by a school approved under the auspice of an RTO. Work placement is appropriate to all VET in the VCE programs. It allows students to develop an understanding of workplace ethos and to acquire skills and knowledge appropriate to training within an industry setting. At Galen VET courses are co-ordinated by INDEPP (Industry Education Partnership Program) a cluster of North-East Secondary Schools. The courses are usually delivered by Goulburn Ovens TAFE and INDEPP organise and co-ordinate work placements for the schools.
These options will depend upon sufficient numbers of students. Please ask about any costs involved.