Our enrolment process and framework
Galen Catholic College is part of Catholic Education Sandhurst Limited (CES Ltd). From 2022, all primary and secondary schools in the Diocese of Sandhurst follow the same enrolment policy, priority criteria and procedures – underpinned by an Enrolment Framework.
*Please note that for families who reside closest to Sacred Heart College in Yarrawonga, FCJ College in Benalla or Marian College in Myrtleford we are unable to accept enrolment applications.
Our enrolment process is as follows
Online Enrolment Application submitted by the parent/guardian containing relevant information to assist the school to make a provisional enrolment offer. A nonrefundable application fee of $50 is required at this stage.
Galen Catholic College will make a provisional enrolment offer after considering the school’s enrolment capacity. The parent/guardian will be asked to accept the provisional offer and to complete the Enrolment Offer form with a request for additional information.
If demand for enrolment is higher than that the number of places available, the parent/guardian will be advised that the enrolment application will be placed on a wait list & the following criteria will be applied:
- Preference in enrolment will be given to baptised Catholics.
- Siblings of current students will normally be accepted for enrolment.
- Students who have attended Catholic primary/secondary schools will normally be accepted for enrolment.
- Non – Catholic students from government schools are interviewed and normally accepted, depending on numbers.
- The Principal has the ultimate responsibility and discretion in accepting enrolments.
Following the submission of the Enrolment Offer form the family will be invited to attend an interview, after which the Principal will make a final enrolment decision. If successful, the parent/guardian will receive an Enrolment Agreement for completion. As this stage a $200 Enrolment Acceptance Fee will be required (deductible from the first term’s school fees).
The enrolment of a student will be finalised and written confirmation provided once a completed and signed Enrolment Agreement and acceptance fee has been received by the school.
The complete Enrolment Procedures and Policies can be found on the college website at www.galen.vic.edu.au
To support your application, please ensure you have the following documents available:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate if applicable
- Immunisation certificate
- Most recent school report
- Citizenship or Visa documents if applicable
PLEASE NOTE: To discuss financial arrangements or a payment plan please make an appointment with our Finance Officer, Jaye Miller Jaye.Miller@galen.vic.edu.au. All conversations and arrangements are confidential.