Good afternoon, Galen students, parents, carers and guardians.
As you are aware by now, there has been a change in the COVID restrictions since yesterday. Schools today received an update on what these changes mean for those attending or working at schools.
Here is a summary of the key points from the advice provided to schools:
Students please note: as of Friday all students MUST wear a mask when indoors at school and when on public transport, including school buses.
The key points are:
- Masks are mandatory in public indoor spaces apart from eating or drinking
- Masks MUST be worn by students on public transport including school buses
- All Victorians MUST carry a mask with them whenever they leave home
- It is strongly recommended that masks are worn whenever you cannot keep 1.5 metres distance from others
- Students MUST wear a mask when indoors at school
- Staff MUST wear face masks in indoor areas of the school when not teaching or caring
- If a person is working by themselves in an enclosed indoor space, a mask does not have to be worn
- Visitors to school sites must also wear masks when indoors
Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you have any queries.