The Vinnies Winter Sleepout is being held at Galen on Friday 30th May. The sleepout provides participants with an opportunity to experience what it is like to be homeless by ‘sleeping rough’ for one night and encourages them to learn more about the problem they’re helping to solve. The group dynamic also creates a sense of solidarity and community commitment. Students wishing to participate can join our team via the link below and collect a permission form from Mrs Petersen or Mrs Doyle. Anyone wishing to donate to this fundraising can do so via the following link: http://vinniesschoolsleepout.gofundraise.com.au/page/galenvinniesschoolsleepout
Format for the evening:
• 6.30pm: Participants arrive – sign in and find a spot to sleep in the school stadium.
• 7pm: Dinner – soup, bread roll, tea and coffee.
• 8pm: Talk about homelessness from a guest speaker.
• 9.30pm: Movie, games, lights out!
• 6 – 7am: Basic Breakfast
• 7.30am: Breakfast?Departure and event concludes.